Last updated on September 8, 2022
Are you here to learn more about our new therapy platform? If so, you’re in the right place. Feel free to email us using the link below if you have a question that has not been answered.
Email us at email@example.com
What are the platform’s benefits?
Here are some of the key features:
- High quality audio and video that even works on slower internet connections
- A simple, streamlined, easy-to-use interface
- Designed to work equally well with 1:1 sessions and small groups
- New types of therapeutic tools and activities
- New online assessments
- Works on Chromebooks
What are the technical requirements?
All students need to receive direct therapy services via Presence is a computer or iPad® with an Internet connection, an up-to-date browser, a webcam, and an audio headset. Our easy-to-use platform is entirely browser-based, and there is no software to install or maintain. Setup is minimal, and is guided by our exceptional team.
Here’s a list of technical specifications and requirements to help you get started with Presence:
Device and Web Browser Requirements
- A PC running Microsoft Windows® 8 or later with the latest versions of Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, or Microsoft Edge™ web browser.
- A Mac® running Apple macOS® 10.12 or later with the latest versions of Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, or Microsoft Edge™ web browser.
- A Chromebook™ with an 11.6 inch display running the latest version of Chrome OS™ with the latest version of the Google Chrome web browser.
- A compatible iPad (iPad Air®️ 2nd or 3rd generation, iPad 5th, 6th, or 7th generation, or all iPad Pro®️ models) running Apple iPadOS®️ 13.6 or later with the latest version of the Apple Safari®️ web browser.
We do not support Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari on macOS, or other browsers not listed above.
Where can I download one of the supported browsers?
If your device does not have a built-in webcam, we recommend an HD webcam. A headset with a microphone is not required but is highly recommended for optimal audio quality.
Access to the Presence platform on an iPad is available to students only. Providers will be conducting therapy sessions on a desktop or laptop. Assessments are not supported on iPads devices at this time, so students in need of assessment will require a computer for the assessment.
We recommend at least 0.5 Mbps (500 Kbps) for your upload and download speed. If you are unsure, you can run a speed test at https://www.speedtest.net. If possible, a wired Ethernet connection is recommended to resolve location-based connectivity issues.
Security, Firewall, and Content Filtering
|PresenceLearning web applications and services||TCP 443||*.presencelearning.com|
|Real-time data sychronization for joining sessions, therapy activities, therapy environment management, and collaboration features||TCP 443||
|Hosting for third-party assets and libraries||TCP 443||
|Security certificate verification||TCP 443||
|Live video chat during therapy sessions||TCP 443||
|Live video chat during therapy sessions||UDP 3478||*.tokbox.com|
|PresenceLearning Support Services chat||TCP 443||*.salesforceliveagent.com|
Allows the student to browse the web under the therapist’s supervision
* See below for information on limiting access
|For the best possible video chat experience and may be required on networks with congestion issues||UDP 1025-65525||*.tokbox.com|
|Therapy content from YouTube||TCP 443||
Required for School Staff and Providers only
|Shared documents for managing services||TCP 443||
|Training videos and guidance||TCP 443||
* How can I prevent unwanted student access to remotehq.com?
To prevent use of remotehq.com outside the Presence platform, explicitly block “rooms.remotehq.com” in your firewall above where “*.remotehq.com” is allowed.
Who should I contact if I need assistance?
Our friendly Tech Support team is standing by if you need any assistance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
How do I know if my computer is compatible with the platform?
Simply visit setup.presencelearning.com to run our Computer Setup Tool. You can print or email the results and the tool makes it easy to contact Tech Support if you encounter any issues.
Google Chrome and Chromebook, are trademarks of Google, LLC
Mac, MacOS, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad OS and Safari are registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Microsoft, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Modzilla and Firefox are trademarks of the Mozilla Foundation in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
Visit https://status.presencelearning.com/ for the current status of Presence services.